Wednesday, June 16, 2004

This Denver Post article discusses an attempt to change the current winner-take-all electoral vote distribution in Colorado. The referendum seeks "to award Colorado's Electoral College votes proportionally as a percentage of the statewide popular vote.

For example, a candidate who wins 60 percent at the polls could snag five of the state's nine electoral votes, leaving the remaining four to a candidate who wins 40 percent on Election Day."