Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Both Jon Stewart and two of Crossfire's hosts have commented on Friday's Crossfire broadcast in which Stewart criticized the show. (See yesterday's post.) This Washington Post article quotes Crossfire host Robert Novak as saying, "Let me say something about Jon Stewart. I don't think he's funny. And I know he's uninformed."

Although Novak did not appear on Friday's edition of Crossfire, Stewart's opinion of him has been clear for a long time. As the article points out, "Back in September, Stewart awarded Novak the "Congressional Medal of Douche Bag" for having first published the name of a CIA operative."

On Monday's The Daily Show, Stewart talked about his Crossfire experience and explained that, "They said I wasn't being funny. And I said to them, 'I know that, but tomorrow I will go back to being funny, and your show will still blow.'"

Follow this link to watch video of Stewart discussing his Crossfire appearance.